Saturday, April 11, 2020

Happy Easter and an Eggscellent Easter Menu!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter! I have big plans for my Easter Menu:

Roquefort-Stuffed Eggs
(James Beard's recipe below!)

(in tea cups)

(Extraordinary!)

(for my kids!)

(served perched on a glass of Madeira!)

Roquefort-Stuffed Eggs

Note: If you don't care for blue cheese, don't try this recipe! Roquefort's not cheap!

Ingredients:
12 boiled eggs, peeled and chilled (to boil eggs, see Techniques!)
1/4 cup finely crumbled Roquefort cheese
2 tablespoons Cognac
Sour cream
Watercress sprigs, for garnish

Directions:

Combine the mashed yolks of 12 eggs with the Roquefort and Cognac. Bind with enough sour cream to make it firm and smooth. Stuff the whites with a large star-tip piping bag (if possible). Garnish with watercress sprigs. (I couldn't find watercress, so I had to use a little parsley...)

Tip: What to drink with stuffed eggs? Champagne! It's surprising how well they go together!

Recipe courtesy of James Beard's American Cookery.

No comments:

Post a Comment